ABOUT JAPAN INSIDER
Honest and transparent journalism about Japan travel
We are dedicated to bringing you not only to show the best of Japan travel but also to deliver transparent and honest journalism about life in Japan. Our networks’ main goal is to cut through the misinformation about Japan without a paywall.
Meet Trisha Velarmino, Global Editor-in-chief for Insider Media
Trisha Velarmino, is an award-winning journalist who produced TV and radio shows for media outlets like CNN and BBC.
She’s given TEDx talks about creating genuine content and making the Internet a better place for learning and development.
Trisha runs a BIPOC Creator Fellowship that aims to bring emerging voices from less privileged countries to contribute to the Insider goal: a more diverse, genuine, and honest Internet space.
The Japan Insider Mission
Our mission is to help you travel and relocate to Japan with information from real people. Our team is a mix of Japanese, Americans, Asians, Europeans, and many other nationalities who fell in love and decided to move to Japan. With this, you can assure that all our content is based on our own experiences.
Japan Insider has hundreds of journalists and experts who produce articles, create content, and talk about subjects that cut through misinformation about Japan, including questions you might not even know how to ask.
As a generation of content creators and journalists, our editorial style is to provide a deep dive into many topics concerning Japan like culture and expat life. Although we are foreigners in Japan, we have over a decade of living here and provide a clear context of the current events in Japan.
We also prioritize covering what other websites about Japan don’t cover. For example, our #SupportLocal section aims to find the most authentic local tours in Japan by traveling the country and really searching for those who are in need of free online advertising. We aim to amplify unique voices through our editorial ethics and guidelines.
Gentrification is a big issue in Japan and many communities on the Internet blame, wealthy foreigners for moving in to build real estate and investment properties without following the zoning laws. But there are also many rich local investors (if not, maybe more than foreign).
JapanInsider is a part of Insider Media Group operating under Concepts and Consulting International LLC, a modern media company founded in Bern, Switzerland. We have a local office in all our global networks. Currently, we are also in Mexico and Peru.
What to expect from us
- Our content is made from our audience’s request: many blogs are motivated to create content by high-ranking Google keywords. Here at Japan Insider, we focus on our reader’s needs. Our content thrives on your questions about Japan so feel free to send us a message if you have something you want to clarify about Japan.
- We have a private community. Apart from our paid services, we answer questions from readers FOR FREE. Join our Facebook community and get genuine answers from our administrators who are based in Japan.
- We really travel around Japan. We don’t use other people’s media and just publish about destinations we have not been to. Our pool of journalists is dedicated to doing their own content. We write our articles, we film our own videos, and we take our own photos.
- Our reporting is easily understandable. We aim to deliver and publish content that all our audience would understand. You can digest our content even if you have zero ideas about Japan.
- We are crazily detailed. We treat all our articles and content targeted to people who have never been to Japan and want to understand everything from scratch.
- Our identities are a big part of our work. We are all expats and foreigners across our Insider network so we feel very privileged to be living in Japan and being able to do our transparent and honest journalism. Our editorial ethics and guidelines will give you an idea of how we push ourselves to be responsible expatriates – it is the center of the work that we do at Japan Insider.
How you can support our work
YOU are the center of our content creation initiatives and we want to thank all the readers and subscribers who continuously support us! There is no paywall on our website and we don’t charge our readers to access our helpful content.
If you are a new consumer of our content (and you love it), you can support us by:
- Consume our content: use the search box and stay on our website. Make us your resource about Japan travel, news, and updates. If you don’t find what you are looking for, write to us and we will create that content, especially for you.
- Join our group trips: every year, we bring together our readers for a grand cherry blossoms trip to Japan. Join our group and we will show you the most wonderful time of the year to be in Japan!
- Donating to our coffee fund: Our readers give financial gifts at the amount of their choosing. You can donate any amount to our coffee fund to help us continue creating original content.
- Advertise on Japan Insider: For inquiries about advertising or listing your business on Japan Insider, you may e-mail [email protected] (not .com).